|Please note: All links following will open in the current
- Birdlife Australia http://www.birdlife.org.au/ of which BirdLife Northern Rivers is a local branch.
- Byron Bird Buddies http://www.byronbirdbuddies.com.au/
- Bird Watching outings in the Ballina, Byron Bay, Tweed Valley – Gold Coast region Outings and bird counts.
- Tweed Valley Osprey Breeding Monitoring program Story about the very sucessful 1998 breeding season, and a cautionary tale for fisherfolk.
- Bird watching spots in the Tweed Valley
- Bird Routes of Barraba (Northern Tablelands NSW via Woodenbong, Glen Innes, Armidale and Tamworth westbound)
- Bird Routes of Manilla (Northern Tablelands NSW via Bonalbo, Armidale and Tamworth westbound)
- Bird Routes of the Clarence Valley (North Coast NSW, via Casino Lismore and Ballina southbound)
- The Action Plan for Australian Birds 2000
- Birds Australia(RAOU)
- The Atlas
of Australian Birds General aims are: To
collect and analyse data on the distribution
and relative abundance of Australia’s bird species. To
compare the distribution and abundance of bird
species to the previous Atlas. To
collect information on rare and threatened
bird species. To involve the community in the conservation
and monitoring of Birds.
- Australasian Wader Studies Group was formed in 1981 as a special interest group of Birds Australia. The group is an non-government
organisation dedicated to studying waders (otherwise
known as shorebirds) throughout the East-Asian Australasian Flyway. There are about 330 members, of which 90 are from Asia.
- The Atlas
- Bird Observers Club of Australia (BOCA) (old site) BOCA’s NEW site here see also BOCA’s Policies (Ethical Birdwatching) The BOCA site is under redevelopement. From the front page of the NEW site: “Welcome to the new BOCA website. Whilst we continue to develop the site, some features will still be provided by the (Ext) old one and links may take you back to the old one – such links in menus and articles are prefixed by (Ext) as in the preceding example. Our members may login to this new site to gain access to Branch Newsletters, but certain content on the old site will still need a separate login on that site.”
Waterbirds Home Page (Department of Environment & Heritage)
- Bird Watching Australia. A directory of Australian birdwatching tours, bird clubs, freelance-guides, bird-orientated accommodation and reference information.
- The Glossy Black Cockatoo Conservancy.
- Australian Bird Study Association
Dedicated to the study and conservation of Australian Birds
Pelagic Home Page
- The Ornithological Society of New Zealand (Inc.)
- Open Directory Project, Birding sites Oceania.
- BirdLife International is a global alliance of conservation organisations working together for the world’s birds and people(UK site)
- Born Again Bird Watcher (North American blog)
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (UK site)
- Birdtours Australian Trip reports (UK site)
- Pacific Seabird Group (PSG) (US site) Dedicated to the study and conservation of Pacific seabirds and their environment
- Birding on the Web (US site)
- Fat Birder – Australian birding Resources, NSW links (US site)
- World Twitch (International)
WorldTwitch provides the latest news about rare birds around
the world, trip reports by birding experts such as Jon Hornbuckle, the most useful links to websites on birding around the world,
discussion boards for the exchange of birding information,
and selections of books recommended for world birders.