- Began, February 1994 at 9 sites from the mouth of the Tweed River to Duroby Creek and Terranora Broadwater
- Currently, surveying 7 sites monthly
- Count data are sent to Queensland Wader Study Group
- Have observed 91 species of which 30 are waders and the rest include raptors, heron/egrets, seabirds, etc
- The Tweed follows the Clarence and Richmond estuaries in species diversity and populations size
- Rohweder, D.A. 2007 found a decline in the number of migratory shorebirds
- Recommend restoration or replacement of degraded high tide roosts
- Recommend restrictions of vehicular access to important sites.